Jeff combines legal and business experience to identify practical solutions to complex issues. Jeff has extensive experience in negotiating, structuring, and closing distressed asset sales, mergers, acquisitions as well as secured debt financing and collateral disposition, including public and private sales under Article 9 of the UCC. Jeff also has extensive experience representing parties in bankruptcy proceedings, and representing receivers and trustees appointed in both state and federal courts. In addition to distressed transactions, Jeff has significant experience representing clients in traditional corporate finance as well as in merger and acquisition transactions.
Ballard Spahr, LLP (partner at Lindquist & Vennum, LLP prior to the firm being acquired by Ballard Spahr)
• U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
• State Bar of Minnesota
Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Gregory F. Kishel, Chief United States Bankruptcy Judge, District of Minnesota.
• University of St. Thomas School of Law, J.D., cum laude
• University of St. Thomas Graduate School of Business, M.B.A., Finance
• Carleton College, B.A., Chemistry
• Volunteer Lawyer’s Network-provide legal advice regarding bankruptcy and debt collection; defended bankruptcy debtors in proceedings to revoke a discharge or determine a debt to be non-dischargeable.
• Sojourner Project, Chair, Board of Directors-non-profit providing emergency shelter and legal advocacy services to victims of domestic violence, as well as community-based education to reduce incidence of domestic violence.
• Foster Parent–provide care for two medically fragile individuals in permanent placement with my family.
Jeff enjoys spending time with family, woodworking, chasing a little white ball around 18, and trying to become more proficient at fly fishing.