Steve Wolter applies insight gained through his varied experience as a former criminal prosecutor, a government attorney responsible for nationwide failed bank litigation and a white-collar criminal defense lawyer to successfully handle a diverse mix of criminal and civil lawsuits. He is committed to providing each client with top-quality, hands-on service, delivered in a timely and professional manner. Steve offers every client straightforward advice and creative settlement solutions backed up by a demonstrated ability to try cases that do not settle out of court. He has helped many individuals, small businesses and corporate clients favorably resolve claims that threatened their business and financial futures. He has handled a myriad of cases involving fraud claims in state and federal trial courts, bankruptcy court and on appeal. Steve and the Kelley, Wolter & Scott litigation team have also obtained seven-figure settlements in class actions, securities fraud cases, employee benefits litigation, commercial disputes, and wrongful death actions.
- Federal Public Defender’s Office, Panel Attorney
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Attorney & Litigation Section Chief
- Sherburne County Attorney’s Office, Prosecutor
- Lincoln County Attorney’s Office, Prosecutor
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D.
- University of Minnesota-Morris, B.A., Political Science, with distinction
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- State Bar of Minnesota
- AV Preeminent Peer Review rated, Martindale-Hubbell Law Digest
- Super Lawyer, Minneapolis Law & Politics
- MN Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America
- Attorney of the Year, Minnesota Lawyer
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Hunting, fishing, boating and other outdoor activities with his family and three labrador retrievers.