Brett Douglas Kelley
- Complex Civil Litigation
- Appellate Law
- Criminal Defense
- White Collar Criminal Defense
Brett's main practice areas include complex civil litigation, appellate law, and criminal defense. Before joining the firm, Brett served as a law clerk to the Honorable Regina M. Chu at Hennepin County District Court, and an extern to the Honorable Susan Richard Nelson at the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota. Brett also clerked for the Hennepin County Attorney's Office during law school. Prior to law school, Brett was an Infantry Officer in the United States Army.
Minnesota Lawyer selected Brett as a 2017 Attorney of the Year.
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2015
- Colgate University, Hamilton, New York
- B.A. - 2007
- New Mexico Military Institute, Roswell, New Mexico
- A.A. - 2004
- Minnesota, 2015
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2018
- 2017 Attorney of the Year, Minnesota Lawyer
- The Ninetieth Minnesota State Senate v. Dayton, 903 N.W.2d 609, 2017, Minn.
Current Employment Position
- Hennepin County District Court, 2015 to 2017
- Hennepin County Attorney’s Office, 2013 to 2015
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2013
- United States Army, 2004 to 2012